Which Blind Types are trending in 2023?
- Roman Blinds
- Fauxwood Venetian Blinds
- Plantation Shutters
- Wooden Venetian Blinds
- Roller Blinds
Blinds are a popular window treatment option for a variety of reasons. They come in a variety of types, styles, and materials, making it easy to find the perfect option for any room, decor style, and budget. In this blog post, we will explore the different types of blinds, popular options, and benefits of blinds, as well as how to choose the right blinds for different room types, seasons, decor styles, budgets, light control needs, privacy needs, and window shapes and sizes.
We introduce to you, everything you need to know about blinds before you purchase them!
Types of Blinds:
There are several different types of blinds available on the market, each with their own unique benefits and drawbacks. Some of the most popular types of blinds include:
- Venetian Blinds: These are the classic horizontal slat blinds that are popular in many homes. They are made of a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic, and can be adjusted to control light and privacy.
- Roman Blinds: These are made of a single piece of fabric that is folded up when raised and down when lowered. They are a popular option for living rooms and bedrooms because of their sleek and stylish design.
- Roller Blinds: These blinds are made of a single piece of fabric that rolls up or down to cover the window. They are a simple and affordable option for any room.
- Blackout Blinds: These blinds are designed to block out all light and are a great option for bedrooms and media rooms.
- Cellular Blinds: These are also known as honeycomb shades, and are made of multiple layers of fabric that trap air between them. They are energy-efficient and help to insulate the room.
Some of the most popular blinds on the market today include:
- Wood Blinds: These are a classic option that add warmth and natural beauty to any room. They are available in a variety of stains and finishes and can be customised to fit any window size.
- Faux Wood Blinds: These are a more affordable alternative to real wood blinds. They are made of a composite material that mimics the look of real wood but is more durable and easy to clean.
Benefits of Blinds:
Blinds offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Light Control: Blinds allow you to control the amount of light that enters a room. This can be especially beneficial for rooms that receive a lot of direct sunlight.
- Privacy: Blinds can be adjusted to provide privacy when needed. This can be especially important in rooms that face busy streets or neighbours.
- Energy Efficiency: Blinds can help to insulate a room and reduce energy costs. Cellular shades, for example, can help to trap air between the layers of fabric, keeping a room warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Durability: Blinds are generally very durable and can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
- Safety: Blinds are generally safe for homes with pets and children, as they do not have cords that can be a choking hazard.
Blinds for Different Room Types:
Different rooms have different needs when it comes to blinds. For example, bedrooms and media rooms may require blackout blinds for optimal light control, while kitchens and bathrooms may require blinds that are easy to clean and resistant to moisture.
Blinds for Different Seasons:
Different seasons also require different types of blinds. For example, during the summer, it may be beneficial to have blinds that can block out direct sunlight and keep the room cool. During the winter, insulated blinds can help to keep the warmth in and reduce energy costs.
Blinds for Different Decor Styles:
Blinds are available in a variety of styles, colours, and materials, making it easy to find the perfect option for any decor style. For example, wood blinds can add a natural and warm touch to a traditional or rustic decor style, while metal or aluminium blinds can provide a sleek and modern look.
Blinds for Different Budgets:
Blinds are available in a wide range of prices, making it easy to find the perfect option for any budget. Faux wood blinds are a more affordable alternative to real wood blinds, while motorised blinds can be a more expensive option.
Blinds for Different Light Control Needs:
Different rooms may require different levels of light control. For example, a bedroom may require blackout blinds for optimal light control, while a living room may only require light-filtering blinds.
Blinds for Different Privacy Needs:
Different rooms may also require different levels of privacy. For example, a bedroom may require complete privacy, while a living room may only require privacy when the blinds are closed.
Blinds for Different Window Shapes and Sizes:
Blinds are available in a variety of sizes and can be customised to fit any window shape. This is especially important for unique window shapes such as arches or angles.
What Colours are Popular for Blinds?
Blinds are available in a wide range of colours, making it easy to find the perfect option for any room. Neutral colours such as white, beige, and grey are popular for their versatility, while bold colours such as red, blue, or green can add a pop of colour to a room.
What Materials are Popular for Blinds?
Blinds are available in a variety of materials, including wood, metal, plastic, and fabric. Wood and faux wood blinds are popular for their natural beauty and warmth, while metal and aluminium blinds are popular for their durability and easy maintenance.
Are Blinds Easy to Clean?
Blinds are generally easy to clean and require only a damp cloth or duster to remove dust. Some materials, such as aluminium, are particularly easy to clean and resist moisture, making them a great option for kitchens and bathrooms.
Are Blinds Durable?
Blinds are generally very durable and can last for many years with proper care and maintenance. Wood and faux wood blinds are particularly durable and can withstand everyday wear and tear.
Are Blinds Energy Efficient?
Some types of blinds, such as cellular shades, can help to insulate a room and reduce energy costs. They trap air between the layers of fabric, keeping a room warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Are blinds safe for homes with pets or children?
Blinds are generally safe for homes with pets and children, as they do not have cords that can be a choking hazard. Motorised blinds, for example, can be controlled with a remote or smartphone app, eliminating the need for cords altogether.
How do I measure for blinds?
Measuring blinds is an important step in ensuring a proper fit. Measure both the width and the height of the window and note any unusual features such as arches or angles. It is also important to consider the mounting location of the blinds. Inside mount blinds are mounted inside the window frame, while outside mount blinds are mounted outside the window frame.
You could also leave the measuring to the installers!
Blinds are a popular window treatment option for a variety of reasons. They come in a variety of types, styles, and materials, making it easy to find the perfect option for any room, decor style, and budget. The Blind Guy Manchester provides a multitude of residential blinds with benefits such as light control, privacy, energy efficiency, durability, style and safety!